Farscape - Season 3 - Episode 13
Farscape - 3x13 - Scratch 'n' Sniff - Originally Aired: 2001-7-20
Crichton, D'Argo, Chiana and Jool alight on a pleasure planet, LoMo, for some rest and recreation. When Chiana and Jool go missing, Crichton and D'Argo are approached by Raxil, a wily alien with information on their whereabouts. Hoping for help retrieving her own 'mate', Raxil leads them to Fe'tor, a notorious Freslin maker; Freslin being a drug Fe'tor extracts from sentient beings, including his captives, Chiana and Jool. [DVD]
3, bad filler, totally skippable.
- No significant exposition, events, or consequences. And a lame episode on top of that.
- The DVDs feature an alternate ending to this episode in which Raxil returns to Moya with John and D'Argo and is subsequently kicked off the ship at the next planet.
- Raxil was played by Ben Browder's wife, Francesca Buller.
- John: "How can you say that?" D'Argo: "Because it's true. You're exactly like a Sebacean."
- Jool getting milked.
- D'Argo encountering Harvey while he and John use the hammerhead alien's tentacles.
- Raxil revealing that she plotted and schemed John's and D'Argo's involvement in her quest to fell Fe'tor because of their reputation for blowing up a Shadow Depository.
- D'Argo's remarkable transformation.
Another flop. This episode is basically a repeat of the last one's pointlessness except on Moya instead of Talyn. Annoying aliens of the week, weird directing, and manufactured danger. I'm all for some well executed whimsy, but this wasn't well executed at all.
The following are comments submitted by my readers.
- From Ben on 2010-07-06 at 1:47pm:
This is one you have to either love or hate. I, for one, love it.